tlug: Re: Sendmail uncertainties

On Tue, 4 May 1999, Dennis McMurchy wrote:

> Haven't posted for ages and ages, but I wanted to ask about
> 'sendmail' operation.  I've been using it for a number of years, and I
> know it's extremely reliable.
SNIP
> The second message looks like it went out normally, but what about the
> other three?

  I guess I could have answered my own question by looking at the log
in /var/adm/messages [on my antique Slackware 3.1 installation].  This
indicates that all four messages were indeed accepted for delivery,
which is reassuring, but I still wonder why  verbose-mode was so
unusually laconic.  Any ideas?

Dennis McMurchy,
Sointula, B.C. / Tojinmachi, Fukuoka
Canada           Japan

Next Nomikai: TBD                    Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
Next Technical Meeting: June 12 (Sat), 12  :30   place: Temple Univ.