Re: tlug: One question from a newbie.

On Thu, 29 Apr 1999, Matt Gushee wrote:

> And here's what I posted yesterday; it didn't get through since I was
> unaware of the new 'tlug-post' thing. So maybe it's no longer

It looks like we had a few leakers here.  While it was announced on the
list (and some people would probably say the discussion on the vote went
on ad nauseam  :-)   ), some people may have missed it through being on
vacation or whatever.  Anyone who is reading this but has not been able to
post to TLUG lists, please take a look at the mailing list page on the
TLUG website, or email me privately at jq@example.com  My apologies to
anyone who missed the announcement that tlug-post had been put into
effect.

> dp-Note
> =======
> Lightweight, might do what you need. The interface is a bit primitive,

Note that dp-Note 2.0 has a much better interface than 1.0, which was
really, really bad.  I haven't tried 2.0 (since Xemacs/Mule meets my needs
well enough), but it appears to be a significant step forward over version
1.  I've also been told that it has a built-in editor for Wnn-6 dictionary
files.  This is a handy feature, since while a combination of Canna and
Wnn-6 works at least reasonably well for doing Japanese input under Linux,
the ease of use with which MacOS and Windows users can edit their
dictionary files is something sorely lacking under Linux.  However, ATOK
for Linux is scheduled to be released in July of this year, and I hope
that it will give us a major step forward in that area.

> Lyx? (www.lyx.org) There is a Chinese version now, so maybe there will
> be a Japanese version before very long. And Lyx is very, very cool.

That would be outstanding!  Let's keep our fingers crossed  :-)

Jonathan

Next Nomikai: TBD                    Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
Next Technical Meeting: June 12 (Sat), 12  :30   place: Temple Univ.