Re: tlug: Strange ssh session

I've not experienced the problem you describe, but I will try to distract
you by commenting on one of your throwaway lines.

On Tue, Apr 27, 1999 at 03:36:00PM +0000, Darren Cook wrote:
> >From a DOS box I'd run ssh, port of the open source client. I was also
> running a GUI based ssh client - free but not open source (the homepage
> says something like "I'm not releasing source, so **** off"), but vi will
> work through it, unlike the commandline ssh.

While, I don't use vi when it can be helped, this suggests you don't have
a very good terminal emulator on your NT machine.  If you are using the
DOS box's terminal, don't.  Take advantage of ssh's port forwarding capability
and telnet to your remote box through an SSH tunnel using a proper terminal
emulator.  I can highly recommend the freely available TTermPro.
http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA002416/

Even better, there is a TTssh addin now that gives TTermPro ssh capabilities
directly, eliminating the need to go through an SSH tunnel.
http://www.zip.com.au/~roca/download.html

--
Jim Tittsler, Tokyo   ICQ: 5981586

Next Nomikai: TBD                    Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
Next Technical Meeting: June 12 (Sat), 12  :30   place: Temple Univ.