tlug: Strange ssh session

I was running the postgresql regression tests last night, on a remote Linux
machine (but in same room :-). I've switched off telnet, so was using sshd,
and working from my NT machine.

>From a DOS box I'd run ssh, port of the open source client. I was also
running a GUI based ssh client - free but not open source (the homepage
says something like "I'm not releasing source, so **** off"), but vi will
work through it, unlike the commandline ssh.

I was running "more README" in the GUI client, and ran "make runtest" from
commandline ssh. The "sometest: ok" messages appeared in the latter, but in
the GUI client I started getting lots of error messages. It looked to me
like stderr output.

When it eventually finished, I had the final 20 or so lines of this stderr
output in the GUI client. I pressed return, and the README file scrolled up
a line, and I could read the rest of the README file!

So somehow running something in one ssh session inserted output into a
different ssh session using a different ssh client!

Anyone seen anything similar, or like to guess a reason? Any anti-NT
comments to advocacy please :-). I'll be doing some more tests to see what
clients and OS's I can get this behaviour to repeat on.

Darren

Next Nomikai: TBD                    Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
Next Technical Meeting: June 12 (Sat), 12  :30   place: Temple Univ.