Re: tlug: NTT ISDN Adapter

On Tue, 20 Apr 1999, Jyorudi wrote:

> I am an exchange student, and I just arrived to Japan. Here at home, they have a
> ISDN external adapter, that says NTT ISDN, INS V-8DSU. I've got no idea how to set
> it up. Can anyone help me with that?

If it helps, this is probably an NEC Aterm with an NTT label on it.  Is
it about 12 to 15 cm high and beige colored, with 3 analog RJ-11 jacks
on the back?  If so, any NEC instructions you can find should work.

The other good news is that you may not need to do anything to it.
Set up your dial-up connection and give it an init string (I can give
you an NEC init string, but I don't have it here), and try it.
Especially if this TA has already been in use, you probably won't have
to do anything to it.

Good luck,

Jonathan Byrne                                   Engineering Division
Global Online Japan                              http://www.gol.com/
Tel:  +81 03-5334-1700   Fax: +81-03-5334-1701   Direct: +81-03-5334-1756

Next Nomikai: TBD                    Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
Next Technical Meeting: June 12 (Sat), 12  :30   place: Temple Univ.