Re: tlug: Kernel Hacking

(okay, I guess this one is mine ;)

On Wed, 14 Apr 1999, Yong-Ming Hua wrote:

> I have got a weird thing right here. For some reasons, everytime I try
> to make new configurations

Make a new kernel configuration?  As in "make config"?

> Well such as /dev/mouse disappears, ATAPI CD-ROM drive plays hide and
> seek. The network card switches to 3Com which I have never had in my
> Linux box. What is going on here?

It appears that your .config (/usr/src/linux/.config) is being overwritten
by /usr/src/linux/arch/i386/defconfig.  This can happen if you execute
"make mrproper", or if you do not have write permission to .config/that
directory.

-- Chris

Next Nomikai: TBD                    Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
Next Technical Meeting: June 12 (Sat), 12  :30   place: Temple Univ.