Re: tlug: Not Linux but a UNIX hardware problem

    Dave> Is there any kind of command or alteration I can do to
    Dave> convince the machine to read everything it can off of the
    Dave> tape and skip errors instead of just having it keel over and
    Dave> die at the first sign of trouble?

You might try "dd" to read the raw data off the tape. It will probably suffer
the same problem, but it worth a try. You would do something like:

	dd if=/my/tape/device of=/big/disk/to/hold/very-important-dump

Then you just use restore from the dump image on disk.

I've found that DAT=drat. As in "drat, it lost my data again"

HTH,

	Andy
*** featuring: LabView and UDB/DB2 for Linux
Next Nomikai: May 21 (Fri), 19:30    Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691