Re: tlug: How to input Extended Japanese Characters?

Howard> Okay, I know this has to be answered somewhere, but for the
Howard> life of me, in my frustration I can't figure out where...

Howard> Where can I find a listing of what to type to get the
Howard> non-kanji Japanese characters?  In particular, the centered
Howard> dot is what's driving me nuts right now.  I'm using wnn's
Howard> jserver in mule, but I'd hope that the strokes are fairly
Howard> standard.  (I can type other Japanese characters, including
Howard> kanji fine.)

One possibility is to type

    M-x special-symbol-input

in Mule. You get a menu in the Minibuffer:

記号入力:  0.JIS入力  1.記号  2.英数字  3.ひらがな  4.カタカナ 5.ギリシャ文字

you can move with the cusor keys or choose one number, E.g. if  you
choose 1. you will get:

記号:  0.  1.、 2.。 3., 4.. 5.・    .... and so on

you can again choose with with the cursor keys or directly choose 5.
for the centered dot.

    マイク

--
Mike Fabian   mike.fabian@example.com   fabian@example.com
Termuehlenweg 2, D-40885 Ratingen-Lintorf, Telephone: +49(0)2102/893130