tlug: cheating sendmail

Hi,
  I am trying to cheat sendmail and need hints.   What I want to do is that
the From field of email becomes "tetsuji@example.com" even the email is
sent by usual mail or mh.   Now I cheat by setting hostname to
MailAndNews.com, but it causes problems in samba.  My computer is connected to
internet via ppp, so the real site name is not determined when it is not
connected to Internet.  Any hints?
  Thanks in advance.

-Tetsuji Rai

Next Nomikai: March 19 (Fri), 19:30  Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691