Re: tlug: 3Com 589 PC Card

On Tue, 9 Feb 1999, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

> An error is an error, and TL customers are presumed not to be able to
> handle them.

<advocacy>
TurboDesk: the first point-and-drool interface for Linux[1]
</advocacy>

> (Hmm.  Wonder what would happen if you call "signal
> (SIG_INSTALL_ERROR, (sig_handler_t) &user)".  giggle.)

*snort*

void *user(void)
{
	panic("Call technical support.");
}

[2]

-- Chris

[1] There is no technical barrier to running TurboDesk on anything with a
    relatively recent X dev environment, so I probably should have been
    more general in my statement ;)

[2] Yes, I know that panic() doesn't exist in the linux kernel.  I've been
    writing device drivers for BSD derivatives lately ...

Next Technical Meeting: February 13 (Sat), 12:30 place: Temple Univ.
** presentation: XEmacs, by Steven Baur and Martin Buchholz
Next Nomikai: March 19 (Fri), 19:30   Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691