Re: tlug: Canna with Emacs 20.2 on RH 5.0?

    mike> (describe-function 'select-input-method)
    mike> ==> Symbol's function definition is void: select-input-method

    mike> C-u C-\ gives me a prompt ``Input method:'' though.  But
    mike> this doesn't help much, as there seems to be no input method
    mike> available.

Gyeh.

    mike> I tried this with GNU Emacs 20.3.1.

I dunno.  Something's wrong.  Worked for me under 20.2, but that was a
year ago and I don't remember if I downloaded LEIM separately; I know
I got the international font package separately.  AFAIK LEIM and Quail
are supposed to be packaged with GNU Emacs....  Nope and yup.  There's
quail.el in lisp/international/, but lisp/leim/ just contains a dummy
Makefile.

Maybe they changed the interface again?  Maybe you just need to
download the LEIM tarbaby?

    mike> Maybe I should try Xemacs?

:-)

Emacsers of the World, unite!  You have nothing to lose but your disk
quotas!

Next Technical Meeting: February 13 (Sat), 12:30 place: Temple Univ.
** presentation: XEmacs, by Steven Baur and Martin Buchholz
Next Nomikai: March 19 (Fri), 19:30   Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691