tlug: Canna with Emacs 20.2 on RH 5.0?

Hello,

I am running Emacs 20.2 on RH 5.0 and don't like
quail very much so far.
I would like to stick to (FSF) Emacs 20 and keep my canna user
dictionary, if possible, but so far I haven't heard of an
Emacs 20 distribution with canna or wnn built in.

Can I get canna or wnn to work with Emacs 20 easily?
I remember Craig talking about a patch to Emacs 20.2 on Debian
for enabling canna. Would this (still) be the same procedure for RH?

Also I have heard mixed recommendations about upgrading to
20.3 or waiting for 20.4. (one warning concerned MIME support,
which is still on my todo list, too. I'm not sure about
Unicode either.).

As for canna, some time ago Steve recommended to use a TL-distribution,
because it's linked against glibc.
I got Canna-3.5b2-10TL.i386.rpm and Canna-shlib-3.5b2-10TL.i386.rpm,
but no canna.el or something comes with it.
So I am not sure how to proceed from there. Can I use an old canna.el
with it?

onegai shimasu,
irene
Next Technical Meeting: February 13 (Sat), 12:30 place: Temple Univ.
** presentation: XEmacs, by Steven Baur and Martin Buchholz
Next Nomikai: March 19 (Fri), 19:30   Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691