Re: tlug: mail archive and search software

    ash> I vaguely remember someone mentioning chasen or some such
    ash> thing to do the indexing. Is this the thing to use?

    Stephen> IIRC, Chasen does Japanese morphology, and thus is very
    Stephen> useful as part of a backend.  It is not itself an indexer
    Stephen> AFAIK.

I'm not sure my technical or linguistic abilities are up to putting
together a search engine with chasen...

    Stephen> I think that probably what you recall is a discussion of
    Stephen> stuff like glimpse, which does have a Japanese port.  I
    Stephen> don't think it's Chasen-enabled, though.

I had a look at the glimpse home page, but I didn't see anything about
Japanese support. I kind of remember it _not_ supporting Japanese. Is
there a Japanese patch for it?

Thanks,

	Andy
Next Technical Meeting: February 13 (Sat), 12:30 place: Temple Univ.
** presentation: XEmacs, by Steven Baur and Martin Buchholz
Next Nomikai: March 19 (Fri), 19:30   Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691