Re: tlug: Sparc question

On Sun, Jan 24, 1999 at 01:10:06AM +0900, Jonathan Byrne wrote:
> Boot device: /sbsu/esp@example.com, 70000/sd@example.com,0:c     File and args:
> SCSI device 6,0 is not  responding
> Can't open boot device.
>
> The DIP switches on the drive are set for SCSI ID 6.  But the plot
> thickens.  Typing probe-scsi gets me this:
>
> Target 1
>   Unit 0  Removable  Read Only Device    TOSHIBA CD-ROM
> XM-3401TA028301/28/93

It certainly looks like you have the drive set for unit 1, not unit 6.
Invert the positions of switches 1,2,3... if the drive was 1 before, it
will then be 6 (where you want it) and suggests you have the sense of the
switches wrong.

--
Jim Tittsler, Tokyo   ICQ: 5981586

Next Technical Meeting: February 13 (Sat), 12:30 place: Temple Univ.
** presentation: XEmacs, by Steven Baur and Martin Buchholz
Next Nomikai: March 19 (Fri), 19:30   Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691