tlug: PJE

Stephen J. Turnbull writes:

 >     Eric> I am considering what to install from PJE and needed some help.

 > ghostscript (with JP) -- converts Postscript to whatever your printer
 >      speaks
 > ghostscript-fonts -- something that looks like it has Japanese in it;
 >      you may need to look for vflib

Adding a little water to that dehydrated statement, we get:

You'll probably need VFLib, which last I knew was a separate package;
and a ghostscript package with VFlib support, which may or may not
have 'vflib' in its name -- but is undoubtedly the default for
TurboLinux-J. Just so you know, that's not the only way to get
Japanese support in Ghostscript, but it's certainly the easiest.

 > That will get you printing and most everything else you might want to
 > do in Japanese.  The main exception is TeX, for which you need pTeX
 > and pLaTeX and a new 1GB hard drive or so.

Steve is exaggerating ... I had 2 TeX distributions (one of them
Japanese), XEmacs, Applixware, and lots of other stuff on my old 800MB
drive -- it was a tight squeeze, though. The number of Japanese fonts
you use will make a big difference.

Best of luck,

Matt Gushee
Oshamanbe, Hokkaido
Next Technical Meeting: February 13 (Sat), 12:30 place: Temple Univ.
** presentation: XEmacs, by Steven Baur and Martin Buchholz
Next Nomikai: March 19 (Fri), 19:30   Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691