Re: tlug: Y2K

Eric S. Standlee writes:
 > Thanks for all the advice.  I was kinda hoping for some urls...  but I
 > found www.year2000.com...

Hmm... last summer I found a good Japanese site, but I don't remember
where ... it may have been at the Nikkei website. I remember I found
it either through Yahoo Japan or by searching for '2000' in Goo.

Also -- though it doesn't relate to Japan, I'd like to recommend a
book. It's by Edward & Jennifer Yourdon, and the title is ... I think,
"Time Bomb 2000" (or was it "The Millenium Time Bomb"?). In spite of
the title, it's not a sensationalistic book. The authors go through
the various areas of society that may be affected and lay out various
scenarios (mild to severe) of what could happen and why, without
trying to push any particular view of what *will* happen.

Matt Gushee
Oshamanbe, Hokkaido
Next Nomikai: 14 January 1999, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
*** it will will be Jan 14 (Thu), as Jan 15 (Fri) is a natl holiday
Next Technical Meeting: Feb 13 (Sat), 12:30    ace: Temple Univ.