Re: tlug: Recovery Disk

>   Rob Bickel <rob@example.com> wrote,
>
>   > I have heard that Partition Magic 4.0 does work with Win98 though,
>   > so I may end up just buying that, but then what worries me is that
>   > when Win98 screws itself up and I have to re-install it and I am
>   > sure that time will come, I will only have the "Recovery Disk" and
>   > will have to delete Linux in order to re-install Win98.  That really
>   > sucks.
>
>   I does!  But then, why should M$ be interested to make it
>   convenient having other OSes installed besides Windoze.  We
>   have exactly the same problem with my wife's Sony PCG-7xx
>   (and we really need that Windoze partition for the games ;-)
>   I was also quite surprised when the problem bit me first (in
>   my cases it was Win95 and luckily I already had Partition
>   Magic at hand to resize the Win partition and then *again*
>   install Linux).

I also  had the same  problem on  my Packard  Bell  desktop. Because I
didn't  have Partition Magic I did  the same as Jonathan suggested and
bought a   second harddisk for  Linux.  That  was really a   good idea
because  I already had to reinstall  Windoze95 once  last summer   and
with Linux on the second disk I could safely do this without affecting
Linux.

With Windoze95  one probably  has to expect  that a  reinstall becomes
necessary from time to time.

Mike

--
Mike Fabian   mike.fabian@example.com   fabian@example.com
Termuehlenweg 2, D-40885 Ratingen-Lintorf, Telephone: +49(0)2102/893130

Next Nomikai: 14 January 1999, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
*** it will will be Jan 14 (Thu), as Jan 15 (Fri) is a natl holiday
Next Technical Meeting: 13 February, 12:30               Place: TBD