tlug: User names can begin with upper case?

Gosh it's been quiet on the lists recently.

I'm having problems with (what appears to be) user names beginning with
an upper case character (e.g. "Neil"). Is this a limitation that I
haven't seen documented?

The problems are with mail programs, such as mail and Emacs mail. It
appears that whatever they route their mail through cannot find users
with an upper case initial character. I cannot find any docs on how they
route their mail, but I assume it's sendmail. How does sendmail find
local user names? Does it use /etc/passwd? Or maybe it's some
configuration detail of sendmail?

Cheers,

Neil.
Next Nomikai: 14 January 1999, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
*** it will will be Jan 14 (Thu), as Jan 15 (Fri) is a natl holiday
Next Technical Meeting: 13 February, 12:30               Place: TBD