Re: tlug: (La)TeX, SGML, or ... ?

Jonathan,

I was just thinking about this, and here is my measley little idea.  What
if you keep it in HTML and use communicator and/or Applix to edit it.

Of course you would be the only one with Applix according to your post,
but can't communicator handle web page GUI creation???  Then you don't
have to have the LaTeX2html loop.

Of course you give up some flexibility with HTML, but can't you migrate to
SGML later if the need arrises.  I would say that if you are able to
"publish" on an intranet or the internet and allow access that way HTML
could allow you to keep a single copy accessible by all.  And, if
necessary, you could import it into Applixware, reformat just a little,
and print....

I know that you must have thought of all of that too...

Merry Christmas everyone,

Ps.  I will be doing a wedding which will be broadcast all over Japan on
Asahi Television somewhere from 10:30 to 12:00 live on 1 January.  It will
be a Hand-made Wedding in a Hand-made log cabin church in Wakayam
Prefecture...

Eric S. Standlee
Kashihara City, Nara Prefecture, Japan
e-w.standlee@example.com
fwiw3980@example.com <default>

Next Nomikai: 14 January 1999, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
*** it will will be Jan 14 (Thu), as Jan 15 (Fri) is a natl holiday
Next Technical Meeting: 13 February, 12:30               Place: TBD