tlug: Wrong password worked!

I was just logging in via telnet, and after typing my password I hit
another key instead of enter. Oh well, backspace just makes matters worse,
so I press enter anyway.

And it works.

Just to be sure I logged in again, deliberately adding an extra letter to
the end of the password.

Why does this work? Shorter passwords, or replacing the last letter of the
password all fail, so I don't suppose this is a security problem.

Darren

Next Nomikai: 14 January 1999, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
*** it will will be Jan 14 (Thu), as Jan 15 (Fri) is a natl holiday
Next Technical Meeting: 13 February, 12:30               Place: TBD