tlug: stupid question about FreeBSD

I was reading the sendmail.org site offline via wget and it recommended
using BSD of some variety since sendmail was developed on BSD.

What is the big difference with BSD?  Kernel?  Platforms?

Is FreeBSD like linux at all?

Sorry for starting another long discussion, unless someone cuts this short
with a quick reference to some logically organized refence material which
explains this in detail.

I am thouroughly ensconsed in Linux, so I don't forsee going to FreeBSD...

Merry Christmas,

Eric S. Standlee
Kashihara City, Nara Prefecture, Japan
e-w.standlee@example.com
fwiw3980@example.com <default>

Next Nomikai: 14 January 1999, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
*** it will will be Jan 14 (Thu), as Jan 15 (Fri) is a natl holiday
Next Technical Meeting: 13 February, 12:30               Place: TBD