Re: tlug: PC-NFS, samba?

On Tue, 15 Dec 1998 mike.fabian@example.com wrote:

> somehow it doesn't seem to work. In the office I downloaded the source
> rpm  from your ftp  server, buildt it, uninstalled  the old samba from
> the Redhat 5.2 and  installed the new 2.0.0  from TL. But when I tried
> to use
>
>   smbclient -L host
>
> to get a list of the services offered by "host", I  got only a startup
> message (without errors) but nothing else. No list.  And no prompt for
> a  password.  After uninstalling the  samba from TL and installing the
> Redhat one again, it worked as it did before: It  starts with an error
> message but nevertheless prompts for a password and everything works.
>
> Is this possibly a compatibility problem of Redhat 5.2 and TL3.0E?

try the TL binary RPM as well (should be lib compatible with RH 5.2).  If
THAT works, then something is messed up with your compiler, since
smbclient -L host does work on TL.  What does an 'ldd /usr/bin/smbclient'
look like on your system?

Head of TurboLinux Development/Systems Administrator
Pacific HiTech, Inc (USA) / Pacific HiTech, KK (Japan)

Next Nomikai: 15 January 1999, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
Next Technical Meeting: 13 February, 12:30               Place: TBD