Re: tlug: ccp

On Tue, 15 Dec 1998, Scott Stone wrote:

> you need gcc to even build the stage 1 of gcc/egcs?

Yes.  stage 1 is built with the system compiler (usually with no
optimization, to ensure that the result works).  Stage 2 is built with
the stage 1 compiler.  stage 3 (which I usually skip, because I'm a
cowboy) is built with stage 2, then the resultant binaries are compared
with the stage 2 binaries.  If there's a difference, then the compiler is
hosed ;)

-- Chris

Next Nomikai: 15 January 1999, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
Next Technical Meeting: 13 February, 12:30               Place: TBD