Re: tlug: Problems with 3Com 3C575-TX

On Mon, 14 Dec 1998, Manuel M. T. Chakravarty wrote:

> Chris Sekiya <chris@example.com> wrote,
>
> > On Mon, 14 Dec 1998, Manuel M. T. Chakravarty wrote:
> >
> > > However, the interrupt that is assigned to the card (IRQ 10)
> > > is *free* - it is used sucessfully by my older non-CardBus
> > > PCMCIA Ethernet card.
> >
> > Isn't IRQ10 commonly used by PCMCIA host adaptors?  ISTR that my
> > (currently dead) laptop's Cirrus controller sat at IRQ10.
>
> Hmm, but then it shouldn't work with the other card also,
> should't it?  Anyway, thanks for the comment, I will check
> that again!

BTW, David Hinds, author of pcmcia-cs, does respond to email usually.  I
say though that you should try telling it to exclude IRQ10 just in case.

Head of TurboLinux Development/Systems Administrator
Pacific HiTech, Inc (USA) / Pacific HiTech, KK (Japan)

Next Nomikai: 15 January 1999, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
Next Technical Meeting: 13 February, 12:30               Place: TBD