Re: tlug: Re: tlug-digest V1 #1090 - Pine

Tony Laszlo <laszlo@example.com> writes:

>   Speaking of Pine, does anyone know about the following two issues:
>
>   1) With messages that were written offline, is there a way of
>   sending them all at once after connecting? (have tried the
>   background and postpone functions, but one must send each
>   message one by one after connecting, it seems).

I don't  know Pine, because I  use Emacs to send  mail. But I guess in
this case it doesn't matter whether you use Emacs or Pine or any other
mail user agent.

I just send the mail as usual while being  offline. Then the mail sits
in the mailqueue and waits  there. A summary of  your mailqueue can be
printed with "mailq", and might look like this

mike@example.com ~$ mailq
                Mail Queue (1 request)
--Q-ID-- --Size-- -----Q-Time----- ------------Sender/Recipient------------
WAA05179     1965 Fri Dec 11 22:19 mike
                 (host map: lookup (tlug.pht.co.jp): deferred)
                                   tlug@example.com
mike@example.com ~$

When the ppp connection is established, the script
/etc/ppp/ip-up.local gets called which contains

/usr/sbin/sendmail -q

which sends all messages which have accumulated in the mailqueue.

Mike

--
Mike Fabian   mike.fabian@example.com   fabian@example.com
Termuehlenweg 2, D-40885 Ratingen-Lintorf, Telephone: +49(0)2102/893130

Next Technical Meeting: 12 December, 12:30 at Temple Univ. Japan
*NEW LOCATION* a map is available at http://www.tuj.ac.jp/maps.html
Next Nomikai: 15 January 1999, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691