Re: tlug: No route to host

On Tue, 8 Dec 1998, Yoga A. Santosa wrote:

> I have a problem, I was once able to finger a certain host. But somehow,
> they blocked/closed their host -- so, when I tried to finger them, they
> expelled me with the error 'No route to host'. Is there any other way/
> trick to tolerate such error ??? Please help. Thanx.

They blocked the port specifically so that people can not finger users on
their machine.  No way around it, unless their firewall sucks :)

Head of TurboLinux Development/Systems Administrator
Pacific HiTech, Inc (USA) / Pacific HiTech, KK (Japan)

Next Technical Meeting: 12 December, 12:30 at Temple Univ. Japan
*NEW LOCATION* a map is available at http://www.tuj.ac.jp/maps.html
Next Nomikai: 15 January 1999, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691