Re: tlug: Computernacht worldrecord

>For those who are interested here is the link to the Computernacht
>webpage: ccnacht.paderlinx.de. On this page they also have links and
> reports about the worldrecord Linux cluster. It`s in
>German, but maybe there is still some interest.

Interesting timing - I just posted this URL on another mailing list, about
a cluster (using Linux and python) that also complains to have set a
worldrecord (sustained 10Gflops in a particle molecular dynamics (MD)
simulation, on a $150,000 system):
   http://cnls.lanl.gov/avalon/avalon_bell98/

Another advantage of python for my own project (I'll report more later) is
it is very portable between NT and Linux, so I can run it on a mixed network.

Darren

Next Technical Meeting: 12 December, 12:30 at Temple Univ. Japan
*NEW LOCATION* a map is available at http://www.tuj.ac.jp/maps.html
Next Nomikai: 15 January 1999, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691