Re: tlug: shielding from high EM interference

    SS> one of the support pillars in our office here (structural support) has the
    SS> main power conduit for the building running through it.  Not usually a
    SS> problem, but any monitor placed anywhere near it will flicker and 'waver'
    SS> very badly from the EM interference, or so it seems.  Is there any kind of
    SS> material we can buy to shield against this?

That's a tough one! I don't imagine you can get inside this pillar,
can you? No, that would make life too simple, as then you could go
over to Akihabara's little stalls and get some mesh insulators, put
them around the power lines, and ground them.

I've never seen any insulators large enough to go around the outside
of the pillar, but they might exist in the somewhere. Perhaps if you
contact an electrician, he might know how to get such insulation.

--
David Riley

Hachinohe Institute of Technology
88-1, Myo, Ohbiraki
Hachinohe-shi Aomori-ken  031-8501  JAPAN

http://w3.clat.hi-tech.ac.jp/
Next Technical Meeting: 12 December, 12:30 *** place TBA ***
IMPORTANT: TLUG is looking for a venue for the next meeting
if you could host in your university or office, please contact us
Next Nomikai: 15 January 1999, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691