Re: tlug: 50MB Partitions

Renaud Itier wrote:
> I need to create a partition on my first HDD , to install a Linux OS on
> my second HDD that I just bought (8.3GB).
> They say in the installation process (RedHat) that I need to create a
> 50MB partition on the 1st HDD. What is this partition for? Can not I
> install Linux entirely on the second HDD?

Another possibility I did a long time ago, but I assume hasn't been
broken.  If you are planning on having ONLY Linux or other non-
Microsoft partitions on the 8.3Gig, make it your first HDD, and tell
lilo to also boot the second (your former first) drive using trickery
to make it think that it is first anyway. (I think it used the
trickery by default).  If it's not a microsoft
OS that is currently on your first hard drive, all the non-MS OS's
I know of can be moved to the second disk anyway, with varying
degrees of difficulty.
--
Howard
Next Nomikai: 15 January 1999, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691