tlug: 50MB Partitions

    Renaud> They say in the installation process (RedHat) that I need
    Renaud> to create a 50MB partition on the 1st HDD. What is this
    Renaud> partition for? Can not I install Linux entirely on the
    Renaud> second HDD?

This is presumably the easiest way to set up LILO to dual boot
whatever is on /dev/?da and /dev/?db, although it may not be
necessary.  (LILO can handle booting any of several partitions on
several hard drives.)  It may be that the second stage part of LILO
(the part that the boot record loads) needs to be on the same drive as
the boot record.  In any case, setting up the boot and root keywords
is a little tricky, and I probably wouldn't want to entrust it to a
script---maybe RedHat feels the same way.

Next Nomikai: 15 January 1999, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691