Re: tlug: CODA [was: Syncing NT and Linux passwords]

On Wed, 25 Nov 1998, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

>     Frank>  o Coda (Linux fileserver Coda password file)
>
> I built CODA (4.6.6) over the weekend, and was disappointed in the
> number of compiler warnings and two warnings referring to "gets-like"
> functions being called (once in a source file whose name contained the
> string "auth" <shiver&&quake>).  気を付けること…

are you using egcs/glibc?  That combination will be the fussiest about
warnings with -Wall.  it'll say things like, "warning: function 'gets' is
dangerous and should not be used" and neat stuff like that.  with egcs,
it'll even give a warning if your main function doesn't return int...

Head of TurboLinux Development/Systems Administrator
Pacific HiTech, Inc (USA) / Pacific HiTech, KK (Japan)