tlug: Bus speed question

From: Totoro <riley@example.com>
Date: 25 Nov 1998 10:16:22 +0900

Thanks for all the tips on motherboards, info sites and all that
came in last week. As it turned out, there is a shop in town (even
way out here!) that carries some parts. I ended up with large case
and a MSI board (they had Socket 7, which is what I wanted).

Anyhow, as I get ready for the CPU and memory purchase, I'm curious
about the bus clock speeds. While the board can handle a number of
clock speeds, what is the actual benefit of, say, running at 100MHz?
PCI boards are still 66MHz, and so apparently is the AGP video card
that I picked up recently. As such, I see no need to set the board
to 100MHz, other than telling your friends that it is at that speed.
Plus, if I stay at 66MHz, I can swoop on some RAM from another box...

Any ideas out there on a rainy Wednesday?

--
David Riley

Hachinohe Institute of Technology
88-1, Myo, Ohbiraki
Hachinohe-shi Aomori-ken  031-8501  JAPAN

http://w3.clat.hi-tech.ac.jp/
Next Nomikai: 15 January 1999, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691