tlug: ask jeevas?

Hi everybody,

a friend of mne just called me and told me of a search engine called
"ask jeevas" or something, and I tried to find it but without success. I
tried to call him, but he is gone to a confernce, I am afraid. Does
anybody know this search engine and what would be the best strategy to
find it?

Also: To test my natural language processing ideas in order to fill that
database I was talking about, I could need a dictionary with
word-categories (verb, noun) and a grammar about which verbs and nouns
of which category can have which forms. I can also develop a grammar by
myself with pattern matching, if I get to a bigger amount of text. How
can I have a programm fetch the contents of files on the internet? Have
to look in cookbook, I guess.

Idea of this is: I have reasons to assume that human beings are only
capable of pattern matching. And the speed of information processing
seems to be related to two sets: expected "clusters" and really incoming
"clusters" of information. They draw boundaries around things according
to certain features of things. That is why I felt slightly offended in
elementary school that they thought they have to teach us set theory,
which is basically a better userinterface to predicate logic. I think it
is how human information processing works, and it is the presentation of
information that matters, besides some other things ...

The idea with the "Linux Explorer" brought me on this track. I want to
improve it. I was looking for a name for it and had a look at the Time
Special Issue from January 1998, which gave me the idea to call it
"discovery". And then I saw that face of David Deutsch and read that
article about the fabric of reality, which brings me back to my original
questions about jeeva.

I will now try to do it myself on my machine, with some questionnaires
about moral reasoning I want to analyse. Next step will be to pull in
texts from the www. The Cookbook will solve my problems, I hope. Maybe
there are even graphics programms? Sure there are ...

Bye, Uli

PS: Just writing to you helps, which reminds me of some research about
wisdom, but more about that another time ... could explain the
effectiveness of some mono/dialogue the other day ...