tlug: Path problem

I had an executable in my ~/bin directory to test it out.  I
liked it so I installed it in /usr/local/bin and rm'd the file from my
~/bin.  Now when I type a2ps, I get

bash: /home/michael/bin/a2ps: No such file or directory

How do I make bash forget about this?  Incidentally, /usr/local/bin is
*before* ~/bin in my $PATH.