Re: tlug: Porting xsokoban to win32

    Chris> On Fri, 13 Nov 1998, Darren Cook wrote:
    >> Am I crazy?

    Chris> Yes.

No.

    >> Is this a major task?

    Chris> Without something like nutcracker, yes.  The windows API is
    Chris> significantly different than most X toolkits.

There also used to be (3-4 years ago) a library available with the
DJGPP port of GCC to DOS called xlibemu.  XSokoban probably doesn't do
anything all that tricky.  This might work.  Try www.simtel.org.  You
probably can't use xsokoban in a window in that case, although
development of both Win32's DOS windows and xlibemu may have proceeded
since then (I didn't do much with xlibemu and Windoze as DESQview/X
came with a native X server).

Also check out Cygwin.  I don't know exactly what approach is being
used to port XEmacs to Win32 native, but Cygwin is involved.  Note
that XEmacs was specifically written from the ground up to make
interchanging toolkits in this way feasible; I doubt that xsokoban
was.  Don't have an URL offhand, should be easy to find.