Re: tlug: XFree86-DGA extension

On Tue, 10 Nov 1998, Takeshi Hakamada wrote:

> I tried to invoke 'dga' last night. I can invoke it only with 8bpp
> mode. It cause entire screen to change colormap and entire screen
> is horizontally shifted. As Scott said, all I can do is CTRL-ALT-DEL.
> But I didn't get any segfaults.

Yes you did - you just didn't see it because when the server crashed, it
didn't reset the video mode.  If you do:

startx >/tmp/x.log 2>/tmp/x.log

and then repeat the procedure, you'll notice after your reboot that
/tmp/x.log does indicate a segmentation fault.

> -Takeshi
> Next Nomikai: 20 November, 19:30   Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
> Next Technical Meeting: 12 December, 12:30 HSBC Securities Office
> more info: http://tlug.linux.or.jp Sponsors: PHT, HSBC Securities

Head of TurboLinux Development/Systems Administrator
Pacific HiTech, Inc (USA) / Pacific HiTech, KK (Japan)