tlug: XEmacs/MULE 20.4 & Canna

    Klaus> I have a annoying problem with xemacs-20.4:

    Klaus> After selecting japanese-canna input mode and then leaving
    Klaus> it again, some keys remain bound to canna commands. The
    Klaus> MOST annoying binding is

    Klaus> 	insert canna-kigou-mode

Complete list of what you've noticed please.  I could probably grep
for one, but I don't trust the fool^H^Hlks who wrote the Canna Lisp
code.  They have twisty little minds and love to leave Easter eggs
scattered through the code.  (See my -advocacy post for my views on
Japanese organic software.)

    Klaus> How do I get rid of ALL that special input mode stuff and
    Klaus> have all key bindings restored? (inactivate-input-method)
    Klaus> alone obviously isn't enough.

Sigh.  You can't.  The software wasn't designed with that in mind.  <a
href=bitch://piss.against.the.wind/organic/software>Agh!</a>  I'll see
what I can do about getting it fixed right, but it's gonna have to wait
until December.  It's a lot of code.  At least it's not Wnn/EGG you
want fixed :-/

    Klaus> when compiling --with-canna, all input methods vanish,
    Klaus> except japanese-*.  I have to add a (load "leim-list") in
    Klaus> my .emacs and really don't know why.  Everything is ok when
    Klaus> I compile without the --with-canna option.

I never saw this.  Sigh.  Do I really have to restore an XEmacs 20.4
tree?  Oh, the pain, the pain....  :-)