[tlug-advocacy:45] Re: tlug: Re: ISDN problems

Scott Stone writes:

 > > NEC, like MS, and IBM before them, believes in using FUD to maintain
 > > market share.

And kickbacks, if the rumors are true. Whatever they do, it's pretty
effective. I've spent time in several Japanese high schools, and of
the several dozen computers I saw, whether owned by the school or by
teachers, only 2 were not NEC -- and one of those was mine.

 > what exactly is FUD?  I know what the concept means, but I'm unclear on
 > the actual acronym.

Doesn't it stand for Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt?

Matt Gushee
Oshamanbe, Hokkaido