Re: tlug: PCMCIA Network trouble (D-Link DE-660)

On Sat, 7 Nov 1998, Frank Bennett wrote:

> Short questions:
>
>   (1) Is the D-Link DE660 PCMCIA Ethernet adapter card a loser
>       with version 2.9.12 of the PCMCIA package?
>
>   (2) If the answer to the above is "yes" or "dunno", how can
>       I force the egcs compiler that ships with TL to link a
>       binary (cardmgr) with libc-5 --- or would someone with
>       a libc-5 system be willing to build such a binary for
>       me?
>
>   (3) Why am I still at my b***dy office at 9:50pm this evening?
>

> Today I had a little free time, so I thought I would set things
> up for backing up my laptop.  It has turned into something of a
> nightmare.  I think I'm now up against the last hurdle.  But you
> never know.

BTW - try the rescboot.img and rescroot.img from
ftp.pht.co.jp:/pub/turbolinux-usa/updates/2.1.2/images.  They don't have
cardmgr and probe on them, but the TurboLinux binaries will work, since my
rescue disks are glibc based.

Head of TurboLinux Development/Systems Administrator
Pacific HiTech, Inc (USA) / Pacific HiTech, KK (Japan)