Re: tlug: linux.org down all week

On Sat, 31 Oct 1998, John De Hoog wrote:

>As many of you may have noticed already, linux.org has been down all week,
>underscoring once again the fragility of the Linux grass roots
>infrastructure.

Say what?!  His ISP cut him off because of an unspecified disagreement of a
non-financial nature and this demonstrates "fragility of the Linux grass roots
[sic] infrastructure?!  So let me get this straight: if he had been  running
some other system (and apparently you would prefer that this be a system with
a poor self-support infrastructure, such that the users were more or less at
the mercy of whatever the vendor did or failed to do), then his ISP would have
seen the light and not cut him off, right?

By the way, are you having any difficulty with the automatic cup holder on
your computer?

Jonathan Byrne
Media and Content Section
3Web - Your Internet Solution! <URL:http://www.threeweb.ad.jp/index.en.html>
3Web Channel <URL: http://www.3web.co.jp/index.en.html>

Next Technical Meeting: January, 1999 (details TBA)