tlug: [tlug-admin: 763] Re: [tlug-admin: 756] Re: Updating the TLUG F

Jim Schweizer writes:

 > On 27-Oct-98 Kei Furuuchi wrote:
 > > It is abuse of power to change faq without stating what 'trouble' is
 >
 > Interesting. You're saying that inviting public discussion about changes to a
 > public document is 'abuse of power'?

No. Execute first, Question later attitude is 'abuse of power'.
Why do you invite public discussion about things already decided and
open to public beyond mailing list members?

 > One aspect of the 'trouble' was a valued member of the TLUG main list
 > unsubscribed for reasons he made quite clear on the public list.

But,

 Joe> > Chris demonstrated that in spades when he walked out sulking after a
 Joe> > couple of complaints were made about lack of software and inadequate
 Joe> > documentation.
 Joe>
 Joe> This remark is inappropriate and uncalled-for.  Chris neither walked out
 Joe> (he is still an active member of Tlug) or "sulked".  His opinion is
 Joe> different from yours, that's all.

He never stops being an active member of Tlug. And you have a power to
forcibily subscribe him to tlug mail list. So what seems to be 'trouble'?

 > > or use mail addresses of mail list for other purpose without
 > > consulting addressee first.
 >
 > If you are talking about the *suprise* list for one of the founders of TLUG
 > and elected president of the group, you could have at any time asked to be
 > unsubscribed (did you?) or you could have joined in the spirit of the group and
 > tried to enjoy the occasion (which did you choose?).

Yes. I really wanted to attend. Sorry I missed the oppotunity. I am
going to attend the next time.

But, that doesn't mean all of *suprise* list could and would
attend. So it is polite to ask first if they wanted to be subscribed.

 > > Isn't that obvious?
 >
 > <snip>
 >
 > No. To me, very little of your post is either constructive or
 > enlightening, let alone obvious....
 >
 > > So please attack me on the idea. not factual correctiveness.
 >
 > No one will attack you. If you want attacks, I suggest you post to
 > alt.destroy.microsoft or another such group.

Sorry attack remark offended you. it is supposed to be quoated from
TJH's civility statement. I should add quotation marks.
But,

 > > Isn't that obvious?

 > The tlug-advocacy list will be available soon. I suggest all non-technical
 > topics be stopped until it is available.
 >
 > Regards,
 >
 > Jim S.

Now are we friends again?

Regards,
Kei.

Next Technical Meeting: January, 1999 (details TBA)