tlug: RE: Mounting my cdrom's

Hi,

On 26-Oct-98 Darren Cook wrote:
> 1.Is there a way to copy parts of the console screen to a disk file? I
> tried hilighting with the mouse, but didn't know what to do then.
> Right-clicking seemed to try and execute everything I'd hilighted.

If you're in an xterm you can paste the contents into another program (like
emacs) with the middle button on the mouse (or both buttons at the same time if
you're using a two button mouse emulating a 3 button mouse.) I assume this will
work from a console, but I've never tried it....

> 2.When I try "mount /mnt/cdrom" I get this error:
>   mount: fs type iso9660 not supported by kernel

Uh oohhhh, time to recompile the kernel with support for iso9660 (can this be
done as a loadable module?) Don't worry, recompiling kernels isn't that bad
unless you've got a wierd hardware set-up.

HTH

Jim S.
Next Technical Meeting: January, 1999 (details TBA)