Re: tlug: Re: O"Reilly perl Books

> Flipping through a few Perl books in the book store (I dislike Perl on
> principle, but I'm always interested in learning) I was rather
> disappointed in their coverage of Perl's object-oriented and modular
> programming features.  That's something you would probably want a
> Perl-specific text for; unfortunately, I don't know one to recommend.

For this specific content, the "Advanced Perl Programming" O'Reilly book
by Sriram Srinivasan is pretty good.  The excellent "Effective Perl
Programming" by Joseph N. Hall (http://www.effectiveperl.com/) also
contains worthwhile info about OO programming in perl (along with a ton
of other useful perl tips).  The PEGS graphical documentation aid for
describing perl data structures in the latter is quite nice (described
quite well on the web page).

Regards,
--
Rex (who dislikes programming in general, but is always interested in learning)
Next Technical Meeting: January, 1999 (details TBA)