Re: tlug: Coda filesystem

On Fri, 23 Oct 1998, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

>     Scott> You'd also need coda clients available to the installer.
>     Scott> In the case of TurboLinux, you might be able to trick it
>     Scott> into working with the shell on the ALT-F2 screen.. maybe.
>
> For proof-of-concept, use NFS to boot CODA.  Ie the NFS server exports
> _only_ the CODA clients to the install target.  Dunno if that has
> advantages over making a proper initrd or not, but you could tweak it
> on the fly without rebooting either machine to some extent.

hm, that could work.  Let's try it at the next TLUG meeting.  I'll bring
some copies of 3.0-english as well.  Just in time for Christmas.  The
3.0Js should be done by the December meeting as well.

> --
> University of Tsukuba                Tennodai 1-1-1 Tsukuba 305-8573 JAPAN
> Institute of Policy and Planning Sciences        Tel/fax: +1 (298) 53-5091
> What are those two straight lines for?  "Free software rules."
> Next Nomikai: 20 November, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
> Next Meeting: 12 December, 12:30 Tokyo Station Yaesu central gate
> Sponsor: PHT, makers of TurboLinux http://www.pht.co.jp

               <sstone@example.com>
Head of TurboLinux Development/Systems Administrator
Pacific HiTech, Inc (USA) / Pacific HiTech, KK (Japan)