tlug: RTFM and advice

> > Then I discovered TLUG. And the mailing list, and i found that when I
asked
> > a simple question, like how to get to my floppy drive, not only did i get
> > the information i needed, i was also given a few tips and pointers on

TLUG is great isn't it? Thanks to everyone who has answered my questions.

>are well documented. I have some experience with that and sometimes
>you just answer certain this kind of questions with RTFM instead of a
>proper response.

I don't mind a RTFM response, but it always helps if you can give the name
of the file I should be reading. Some software comes with a number of
readme's as well as files called "install", and then there are the man
pages once you've installed. It's confusing to know where to look.

Eg. The Apache docs are organized by module name, so it's hard to learn how
to do something if you don't already know how to do it. Many newsgroups
questions get a one line reply with a URL pointing to the manual page,
which is ideal, as that page normally answers the next two questions I had
as well.

Darren