Re: tlug: TLUG Finances

On Fri, 16 Oct 1998, Andrew S. Howell wrote:

>It might be worth putting an order in through amazon.com. Even with
>shipping its cheaper than in Japan. I think they charge $30 per order,
>plus $5 per book.

Not at current exchange rates, it's not.  I haven't ordered from Amazon in
ages because of this.  Particularly on O'Reilly titles, it costs more to bring
them in than to buy locally.  There's also an outfit called Skyfsoft Books
that sells English titles here at U.S. cover price, converted to yen.  I'll
check their web site (http://www.sky.co.jp/) and see if they have that title.

Jonathan Byrne
Media and Content Section
3Web - Your Internet Solution! <URL:http://www.threeweb.ad.jp/index.en.html>