Re: tlug: Internet connections from Linux

Hi Rex,

> I'm rather fond of the wmppp mini-applet for windowmaker (should work
> with any window manager).  Nice two button applet to start/stop PPP,
> with a nice little load graph, modem led status,  and current bps transfer
> stats.  You just tell it the name of your PPP start, stop, and restart
> scripts.  Recommended.  You can see what it looks like and retrieve it at
> http://windowmaker.org/projects.html -- look for "Warp's Apps".

Hmmm, I'm using that applet too (and Windowmaker, which I quite like).
My only problem with it is that when I press "X" to disconnect, I see
the word "ERROR" appear for about 2 seconds. Do you get this too? Or is
it something in my setup?

I've glanced at the code, and from what I could make out only glancing,
"ERROR" appears when it notices it is no longer connected. I wrote the
applet, "ERROR"
would not occur if the user has already pressed "X".

                            Neil

Pile up the benefits that accrue from studying by
the light of fireflies reflected on the snow...