Re: tlug: Re: multi-processor linux configuration ?

> Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 10:36:28 +0900 (JST)
> From: Chris Sekiya <chris@example.com>
> Sender: owner-tlug@example.com
>
> On Wed, 14 Oct 1998, Cliff Miller wrote:
>
> > You may want to consider which Linux system to use based upon the
> > compiler. TurboLinux 2.0 uses gcc. TurboLinux 3.0 will use egcs, which
> > handles C++ better and delivers faster code by as much as 25%.
>
> C/C++ do not parallelize very well.  If they're really serious about
> parallel programming on linux, they'd be better off doing their work in
> fortran (which parallelizes very well) and purchasing a decent compiler
> like PGI (which pretty much automagically groks MPI).

I believe that Andrej's applications do not need the compiler to do
any "parallelizing". The model is that the same program is sent out to
several machines with different inputs and then the result is
collated.

Cliff

$BBeI=<hDyLr<RD9(B
$B%Q%7%U%#%C%/%O%$%F%C%/3t<02q<R(B