Re: tlug: Kterm/Xterm remote windows config (solved)

Scott Stone <sstone@example.com> writes:

> >   *Wharf Nomo     xterm-nomo.xpm Exec "-" rsh nomolog.nagoya-u.ac.jp /usr/bin/X11/kterm -ls -T 'Nomo'  -display 133.6.33.14:0 &
>
> I think this should be:
>
> *Wharf Nomo xterm-nomo.xpm Exec "kterm" kterm -T "Nomo" -e rsh nomolog.nagoya-u.ac.jp -display 133.6.33.14:0 &

Wow, there's been lots of feedback on this.  I want to thank
Scott for his restraint in his posting containing the above
suggestion.  Within grasp of a response along the lines of "Gee,
Frank, bandwidth isn't so tastey when you eat it for breakfast,
lunch AND dinner ...", he just pointed out how to do things
correctly.  True, -display doesn't belong there, but that just
follows from the fact that the kterm itself is local.

And ... <tap-tap-tap> ... <click> ... it works like a charm!  No
more terminal weirdness.  The old ways are the best ways :)

Looking at the above, I'm now a bit surprised I didn't set things
up this way in the first place.  I'll write it down to all those
examples in the X11R5 manual from O'Reilly showing how to run
processes on other machines (xterm is the inevitable example in
their examples).

Many thanks to everyone who responded!
--
-x80