Re: tlug: Wnn6 and kinput2

YAMAGATA Hiroo <hiyori13@example.com> writes:

> Sorry if someone already answered, but...

Nope; this is new info.  Thanks!

> kinput2 is a client for Wnn4. Wnn6 has a different interface ...
>
> Kinput2 knows only about wnn4, and so it cannot access this
> interface ...
>
> Mule is re-compiled for use with Wnn6. It exploits the new scheme.
>
> Now the question is; why doesn't kinput2 try to adapt to this?

Now we're down to brass tacks.  I've written to the authors of
Kinput2.  They're working on the next patch to Version 2.0.  With
a word and a timely cough here and there, maybe they can be
persuaded to do the necessaries.  It sounds like something I'm
going to hope gets fixed before I start offering Applixware on
student terminals here ...

Thanks _a_ _lot_ for this posting.

Cheers,
--